Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm BACK!

It's a new year and it's time I blog again. The last month or so have been OK. Lots of downs but lots of ups too. The holidays are always a roller coaster for me. The highs are really good but the lows are really bad.

So my IUI's failed. No surprise there. I'm glad that I decided to convert the IVF though. It was the right decision.

I also decided to switch to another RE at my clinic. While I loved my old RE, it seemed that things weren't clicking and every time, I responded worse than the last time. The new RE also has the best reputation at the clinic and I had this nagging feeling that I wasn't with the best. My hubby and I met with him a few weeks ago and we both loved him. I will be going in for my baseline tomorrow morning and hopefully starting drugs on Friday. Expected ER is around the 19th.

I also had a phone consult with a doctor from www.haveababy.com in St. Louis. Apparently, his success rate is amazing. He had some ideas on things to try that sounded encouraging. While we are staying local for this IVF and hope for the best, we are happy to have another choice should this fail.

We also have a consult later this afternoon with Dr. Schoolcraft from CCRM. CCRM may also be an option in the future but given the cost associated, it will probably be a last resort.

Other than that, I'm having some issues with my family that are causing me stress. I wish I could turn it off so I could have a stress free cycle but I don't think that's possible. I will do my best to focus on yoga and meditation this cycle and limit family interactions to reduce the amount of stress and anxiety that come with it.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Good luck with your phone consult today, your baseline tomorrow, and everything else!

I am a firm believer in getting second opinions - and I'm so glad you've done just that. Not only just a second opinion, you've gotten a third one, and are getting a 4th one today! Good for you!

Sorry about your family issues - hopefully they will sort out soon.

Caroline said...

Hi there,
I hope that everything works out well for you. I will be reading your posts and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Amanda said...

I like to pop in a check you blog and I was really concerned for a while there. I'm glad to see you're back! I hope you have lots of success with the new RE.