Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Follie check #1

I was pretty nervous about my first follie check after 4 days of stims. Last time, I had 5 mature follicles by today and I decided to convert my IVF to an IUI. Last time I had a very strange protocol. Part of the protocol included 600IU of Gonal F.

The U/S was better than expected, but not ideal. I have one follie at 15, one follie at 13, one at 8 and about 6 baby ones. I hope they all grow. I need as many eggs as I can get to increase our fert rate!

My E2 measured at 339. Last time (with the 5 mature follies) it was around 1700!

I am to continue with my dose tonight 300 Gonal F and 150 Menopur. Tomorrow I will add Ganarelix. My next follie check is friday. I guess they are not too concerned about my dominant follie or they would have me back in sooner.

I could really use a dose of patience! I've got yoga for fertility tonight and acupuncture in the AM so hopefully that will help.

I am more at peace this cycle. Maybe it's the holistic treatment. Maybe it's the new RE. I don't know but I like it.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds good Darya! Good luck with the shots and the appts.

I don't know if you've used Ganirelix before or not, but just to let you know my experience on it. It stings. The stinging / pain goes away in 10 minutes or so, and it would leave a red patch around the injection site for me. I told my RE, and he even saw the red mark on my tummy, and he said it happened to some women, but it was nothing to worry about, as long as it went away eventually. The red patches took a couple of hours to go.

Caroline said...

Hi Darya,
I'm glad that you are feeling good about this cycle. It sounds as though you are using some helpful techniques to stay as relaxed as possible (which is very difficult during IVF!).
I'm hoping that your eggs will continue to grow and that you will have a good outcome.

Mary said...

Hi Darya. I just read you entire blog. I'm so happy that you are feeling good about your treatments. Looking forward to seeing the happy end result of this journey!