Friday, January 16, 2009

Another Brick in the Wall

Things didn't go so well this morning.

I had my 2nd follicle check after 7 days of stims and I have 2 @19, 1 @ 17 and about 6 between 9 and 10.5. I have another 6 tiny ones. So most likely, I will have three mature follicles going into IVF. I hate my body. I can't have just 3! With 10 eggs, 7 mature, ONLY ONE fertilized. What is the point of even going to retrieval with this? I keep trying new things like acupuncture or changing my diet and nothing is helping. I might as well start drinking like a fish again and maybe I should start smoking again too. God knows I know plenty of fertile smokers.

I don't even know if it's possible but I hope they can let some of these others grow. I keep trying to do more, try harder, change more habits, relax, do more yoga, FUCK I even took my belly ring out. Nothing is helping.

On a positive note, my mom sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers yesterday without even knowing that I was an emotional mess yesterday. She just felt something.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Grr. I would want to down a bottle of wine too. It's like...can't something just go easily with all of this crap we go through! Keep your chin up, hon. You very well can get a baby out of this cycle.
And how sweet was that of your Mom. Aww.

Miss Tori said...

I'm so sorry that the report wasn't what you were hoping for. If it were me, I'd still go for the retrieval. You just never know if one of those will be the one.

Hugs!

Mary said...

Hey Darya,
I just wanted to tell you how much I agree with the comment you left on my blog. You hit it right on the nose. It IS the obgyns job to educate us on infertility when we reach a certain age and it's not their job to treat infertility. One thing I have learned for sure with dealing with infertility is that NO ONE is looking out for you, except you. That's really sad that we can't even count on our Dr's to take care of us.

Josée Martens said...

What a sweet mom! That is chicken soup for the soul!