Thursday, September 25, 2008

Only one fertilized :-((

I am sad to report that only one fertilized. ONE. They ICSI'd 7 but only one? How is that possible? Of course, as typical clinic fashion, they are not telling me anything yet- just 'don't worry, you have one and that's all it takes.' YES, it only takes one. Of course we all know that. But really, who is to say that this one will even make it to transfer? I was really hoping for a 5 day transfer but that is out. I was really hoping to transfer 3 but that is out as well.

I was trying so hard to stay positive and now this. It's like I'm being tested over and over again. How much can you handle Darya, SURPRISE- here is another knife deep into your IF wound.

How am I suppose to go back to work tomorrow? How am I suppose to go on day by day resuming normal life activities with all of this going on? I have a lunch meeting with a partner tomorrow. How exactly am I suppose to act? Like everything is great? How can I pretent I actually care about anything other than my one little embie surviving?

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Darya - I feel for you. You know I do. Please try and keep your chin up - you've got to, for that one embie! Big hugs to you!

Lisa said...

I, for one, will be praying for that one little embie to make it. It's true that all you need is one (though, I know that's no consolation). You and you little embie are in my thoughts.

Melanie said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am praying for that little embie!!! I'm sorry that things didn't work like you wanted. I know you said it only takes one. I will pray that you find peace in this and that you will be seeing that embie grow and grow and grow!

Nichole said...

I am so praying for you and your little embie!