Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Motivation

I have lost just about all of my motivation. I use to be so driven but IF seems to have taken it from me. I keep trying to fight back but keep ending up in the same spot- getting nothing done with absolutely no desire to do anything.

How do I change this? It seems like IF is the one thing in my life that I can't control but I've let go of all of the things I CAN control like my work, my weight and even the simple things like doing my laundry or paying the bills. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I feel so weak and defeated. I've always thought of myself as really strong but this is making me realize that I'm not. :-(

I don't know how other people do it. How do they put IF on the back burner while getting through the day? And how do people really 'drown themselves in their work'? Please, if you know the recipe- I'd like to see it.

Well, today is a new day and I'm going to try again. I'm going to desperately try to focus on my work and actually get things done today.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Some days or some months it's just very very hard, but there is no option - one HAS to continue to live. I make sure I laugh a lot (my coping mechanism) and that really helps me. I think you're feeling low because your DH is out of town. Hang in there.

Do you have any close friends you can confide in? Maybe talking will help.... or maybe actually NOT talking, but having a normal fun evening out with friends will help?