Friday, April 3, 2009

If you tempt me my tank is on empty

I'm on edge and I'm fragile. It doesn't take much to set me off. A mere comment is usually enough.

I am worn out. I feel like every day I wake up thinking 'it's a new day' and try so hard to stay positive but something always brings me down and by the end of the day, I can't wait to go to bed and end the day.

It's amazing how much more I appreciate the good moments. They are so few. When I laugh, I notice and enjoy the feeling. When a period of time goes by that I don't think about IF, even if it's just for a few minutes, it feels like a victory.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Darya, I hear you. I think I need to be checked in to the mental hospital. I think I would like it there. Maybe I could get some peace from all this IF craziness?

Amanda said...

It's been 2 years since I went on vacation and we went to an island without phones or tv or internet. Completely cut off for a whole week. It was easy to forget about all the crap that normally plagues my thoughts. That was wonderful, I could really use that again... sounds like you could too.

Nichole said...

I think ALL of us could use a remote vacation like Amanda described. That sounds WONDERFUL!!! I'm so sorry things are so tough right now you are in my thoughts and prayers.

BIG HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean - when I gambled that time I did not think of this stuff once for 1.5 hours. It was bliss.

((HUGS))

Erica said...

I can't believe I'm just reading this now! I somehow missed this post - sorry I'm late! :(

Can you plan a trip or something? Even if it's just a little one nighter somewhere. Do you own a Wii? If so, the Lego Star Wars game is completely mindless and it will definitely take your mind off of IVF stuff - I promise you that!

Thinking of you girlie...

Caroline said...

Hey sweetie,

I just wanted to swing by again and thank you for your support. This cycle has taken a lot out of me (as you yourself have experienced with your own IVF cycles). I'm here for you too. Caroline xx