Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trying to be strong

First of all, I am so happy with the election result. We have proven to the world what kind of country we are and they can all shut up now because this would not happen anywhere else! We really do practice what we preach. We are a beautfiul democracy, a government for the people, by the people and we cherish our freedom.

Now- on the not so cheery IF note. It turns out I will have do some injections during thanksgiving. I was pretty frustrated that I will have to travel with meds and deal with that crap while I'm trying to enjoy my in laws and my own family but I've come to peace with it. My friend Joy suggested hiding everything in a box and that is what I intend to do! It was either this or wait until January to cycle and I just don't want to wait that long. I am impatient!!! Also, my work schedule will be a little better around the holidays.

I also received some bad news yesterday. One of genetic (chromosome) tests came back abnormal. I guess I have an inversion on chromosome 9. I spoke with my RE today and she made it sounds like it's not a big deal. I am cautiously optimistic. I have an appointment with a genetic counselor next week and I'm looking forward to that because I am hoping to get some answers on this and some other genetic concerns I have...the same ones that hurt my mom when I asked her about it.

DH and I are struggling a bit. He doesn't recognize the woman I'm becoming. I don't recognize her either. We do agree on one thing: neither of us like her.

Other than that, I am trying to stay positive and looking forward to the next round. I am also back into the swing with exercise but I am still eating way more than I should! Tomorrow is yoga for fertility. I love that class so much! I wish everyone had a place like that to go to.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Good luck with your genetic counselor appointment.

And good idea about the box! Carry a small Sharps container too. I did that once, and nobody even came to know that I was shooting myself with Lupron every night :-)

I'm sorry this is so hard. IF has changed all of us so much, and for the worse. I don't like the new me either! Hopefully your old self will be back soon and all this will be history.

Good luck!

Melanie said...

I'm sorry all of this is so hard. IF really sucks!!!!! IF does change you. Although now that I'm not dealing with IF (so to speak) anymore it's a different kind of change. Good luck with the genetic counselor appt. I hope all goes well.. I'm sure it will!! I carried my meds in an extra makeup bag when we had to travel. Nobody knew any difference. Of course I don't think people expect us to be doing that anyway.

Good luck to you Darya!!!! I wish you nothing but the best!!!!